Journey to the Holy Land
Here is the schedule of Shri Hudh Mata Yatra 2018
- Do carry sufficient woolen clothing as the temperature may sometimes abruptly fall.
- Do carry an umbrella, wind cheater, raincoat, and waterproof shoes as the weather in the Yatra area is unpredictable.
- Do keep your clothes and eatables in a suitable water-proof bag to avoid your belongings getting wet.
- Do travel in a group, with porters / horses / ponies carrying your luggage.
- Do ensure that all those comprising the group remain in your sight, lest you are separated from your group.
- Do seek an immediate assistance of the Police in case any member of your group is missing.
- Do help your fellow Yatris travelling with you and perform Yatra with a pious mind.
- Free food facility is available in the entire Yatra area at the Langars.
- Earth, water, air, fire and sky are integral parts of Lord Shiva. Therefore respect the environment and do nothing whatsoever to pollute the Yatra area.
- Do strictly follow the instructions issued by the Yatra Administration, from time to time.
Don’ts for the Yatris
- Don’t stop at places which are marked by warning notices. Walk only on the tracks.
- Don’t walk barefoot or be without woolen clothing at any time as the temperature in the Yatra area remains low and changes abruptly.
- Don’t use slippers because there are steep rises and falls on the route to the Holy Cave. Only wear trekking shoes with laces.
- Don’t attempt any short cuts on the route as doing so is dangerous.
- Don’t commence journey on an empty stomach. If you do so, you may attract a serious medical problem.
- Don’t do anything during the entire Yatra which could cause pollution or disturb the environment of the area.
- Do not bring with you any polythene material as its use is banned in J&K and is punishable under law.
- Don’t carry expensive or heavy jewelry during the yatra.
- Don’t overload yourself with extra stuff on steep roads.
- Don’t ever try alcohol during the yatra. It is strictly prohibited there.
Travel to this wonderful destination is a totally different experience.
Hudh Mata Yatra is situated in the tehsil Dachhan , of District Kishtwar in J&K. It is a renowned valley for having “Kishtwar High Altitude National Park” and “Brahma Peaks” . The place is close to nature and is surrounded by lofty and majestic mountain. It is a best place to spend some time alone as it is a calm and peaceful place.
These are some places of attractions apart from Hudh Mata Temple which one must visit while doing this yatra.
- Shri Gori Shanker Mandir Sarkoot, Kishtwar
- Villages Like Sounder, PanjDhara, Chicha, Lopara.
- Ram Mandir at Kaikoot
- Maa Kali Temple at Dilgoot
- Kishtwar High Altitude National Park
- Hot Spring at Kiyar Dachhan
- Tri Sandhya Waterfall
- Brahm Sarovar
- Doodh Ganga
- Brahma Peaks